Monday 25 March 2013

Tomato and Feta Slice

Did I mention feta cheese lately? I reckon it's about time I do. You can have something lovely to eat by ... eh ... just eating it. Some friends of mine used to eat a slab of it simply with a few onion rings on it and then sprinkled with olive oil. Well, that's not much of cooking, but who cares, if it tastes good. Quick, simple, enjoy!


Anyhow, I'm not just telling you to do just that, but I like to go a step further and add a few more things to the ... eh ... eh ... eh ... dish. I think may brain isn't doing me some good lately.
Whatsoever, here we go:
  •  Toast a slice of bread.
  • Have some lovely garlicky thick tasty yummy delicious self-made tomato sauce ready. I had some left from my latest pizza adventures. Spread this lovely garlicky tasty yummy delicious self-made tomato sauce on the toasted slice of bread.
  • On top of the lovely garlicky tasty yummy delicious self-made tomato sauce on the toasted slice of bread you place a good slab of feta cheese.
  • Said and done! It's time to put the slice of toasted bread with lovely garlicky tasty yummy delicious self-made tomato sauce and a slab of feta cheese on top under the grill or into the microwave. You decide how long. We want the feta cheese to start melting. Either just slightly softened or totally running over the bread.
  • Get your toasted slice of bread with the lovely garlicky tasty yummy delicious self-made tomato sauce and melted feta cheese on it out, throw a few pieces of onion on it and finish off with a bit of parsley and good olive oil. You might season it with pepper as well, if you want to.
  • Then ... we stop this repeating of the lovely garlicky ... stop! Enjoy your feta!
I hope you do!


Somehow over the past few weeks a few things ... photos and dishes have been piling up. There were a few things I wanted to write about, but simply haven't managed yet. There is always a lot going on in my head ...
Another thing was this cookbook cooking thing. I had this voting going on at my Facebook page. There wasn't really too much participation. Maybe it's too hard to find now or it is simply too boring. I don't know.
Anyway, sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I narrowed the book thingy down to three books. I'm planning now on getting them. Do you have any experiences with one of these?
  • Tasting India - Christine Manfield
  • Bill's Sydney Food - Bill Granger
  • Jerusalem - Yotam Ottolenghi, Sami Tamimi
I have to get things rolling before something rolls over me. I'm having this strange feeling each time I pass the place were I had the ugly accident about 11 years ago.
It seems to me I'm getting into this distracted mode again.
There is yet another thing. When I started out this blog I had in mind cooking something African I got to eat when visiting some refugees around here a  few years ago. Have to do this soon.
Besides that, I wanted to cook a dish from my favourite TV series, which you most probably will never guess. But then again, you never know.
You see, there is still plenty to do. Sadly, though, you might be familiar with the gap (mind the gap) between knowing something and doing something. I reckon you will know, when I managed to do just that.
On the road there will always be feta and some lovely garlicky tasty yummy delicious self-made tomato sauce ...

6 comments:

  1. Well I don't have of those 3 books but I do have 'Ottolegnghi - the Cookbook'. My impression of it is it's got many nice recipes that look like they'd each take 3 days of cheffy faffing around. To be fair I have not yet made anything from the book though.
    I hope you hang on in there, don't let it all roll over you again. Hugs from out in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Ruth! Encouragement is always very much appreciated. I do my best to keep on going ... in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love feta cheese, especially the thick solid slice of feta cheese like on your photo - not the crumbly type. Yum! This would make such a good lunch right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, that would do very good for lunch.

      Delete
  4. I'm loving the new look! I had something similar to this when I was in Greece last year, you've got me craving it again now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craving it? Good, then I think I must have done it right! Thanks, Caroline!

      Delete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.