Somehow I have the feeling, we should be going to Africa this time and this exactly is what we are going to do ...
I have decided to head for the most Southern part of Africa for our December Bloggers Around the World. Therefore, the place to cook this time is ...
I don't know too much about the South African cuisine. That means some research for me as well. I had already in mind before to try a South African dish called Bobotie. Some meat, raisins, eggs and chutney might be involved in this.
Basically, you have the choice of cooking up something influenced by the indigenous people of South Africa, something influenced due to colonization or something with an Asian influence like India. Therefore a lovely curry would be something to have.
Something else I could think of trying, due to the current weather conditions, is Potjiekos, a South African stew. You will see it, when I do it.
On the other hand, it would be nice as well to go for something sweet, like Koeksisters, deep-fried and sweet pastries. I need to do some more research on that.
I reckon, it can be fun ... if you are not totally stressed out for whatever calendar based circumstances. I would be glad, if you find the chance to join despite all this.
Now you know, I have to mention a few other things ...
- Link to my blog and this very challenge in your post.
- Use the "Bloggers Around the World" batch (you know what I mean).
- Use either an old post in case you already tried something South African, or do something new.
- You can enter up to three posts ... that is, if you really have that much time.
- Keep in mind to smile and be happy while you cook up something wonderful for us.
- Go for it!
Is there anything else to say. I guess not. So, what are you waiting for? Get your thinking caps on and start cooking ...
Baie dankie. Thank you very much. Ngiyabonga kakhulu.