Monday 30 January 2017

Pumpkin and Potato Fritters with Goat’s Cheese Dip

Officially I am crazy ... well, maybe not officially, but in some sort of way, but ... well, that might not be something new about me. You might have heard so before. Anyway, you might have seen this post before as well, but ... I don't know ... I am trying to do something here ...

For today I have selected … something with pumpkin.
For the purpose of this recipe I selected Hokkori F1 squash as it is supposed to be good for frying. I reckon, you could even make pumpkin chips with it.
Anyway, from a friend I got a quarter of the squash and therefore I had to use it quickly, but to be honest, I even didn’t manage to use up that quarter of it for this recipe, so there is still a tiny bit left of it in the fridge. That is so, although I made a pumpkin omelette with parts of it the other day.
From the flesh of the Hokkori F1 … well … eh, it looks just like pumpkin to me. Now we have to see, whether the sweet flavour and the dry texture is doing any good to my recipe …
Ingredients3 medium sized potatoes
The same amount of pumpkin flesh
1 egg
2 tbsp. bread crumbs
Salt, pepper
Oil for frying
200 g goat’s cream cheese
1 tsp. chilli powder
1 tbsp. tomato puree
2 cloves of garlic
MethodFirst of all we need to do some grating – be gentle to your fingers, no hectic movements. Accordingly grate the potatoes and the flesh of the squash into a bowl.
Mix that together with the egg, bread crumbs and a bit of salt and pepper for seasoning. Here we would be ready for the fritters already.
Now we devote some time to the dip – piece of cake. Simply put the goat’s cheese, the chilli powder, the tomato puree into another bowl and grate in the garlic. Thoroughly combine everything be stirring through. Lovely, the dip is also done.
If you want to – I wanted to – prepare a salad to have on the side. Just use the usual suspects for it or whatever you like or have at hand.
Heat up some oil in a large pan and start frying the fritters by placing a tablespoon of the mixture for each fritter into the pan. Of course, you will not forget to flatten and turn them.

Either have an eat as you go, or just fry off all of the mixture and then have it together with the dip and a salad properly at the dining table … or just dig in!

2 comments:

  1. Oh these are so cute and delicious!
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete

Why not leave a comment!? I love to receive messages.